Photos Digitized to Image Files
MVP will scan your photos so you can preserve, print, post online or edit on your computer.
Your photos deserve the MVP difference.
- All work is done here in our Indianapolis office. Your photos are NOT sent to another company.
- Scanning: Each photo (up to 8x10) will be scanned at 600 dpi and saved as an image file.
- TIF Files: We scan and work with your images as TIF files to ensure maximum quality. TIF files are uncompressed files and are very large, but provide a better quality final image.
- Rotation: We will rotate each photo to its proper orientation.
- Cropping: Each image will be cropped to the edges.
- Color Correction: Every photo is color corrected to bring out the lost colors. We do this MANUALLY with EACH PHOTO. This is not an automated process.
- Digital Cleaning: Lastly, we will do some light touch-up work in Photoshop.
- Red-eye Removal: Whenever possible, red-eye will be removed from photos.
- Images: Your final digital images can be saved as JPG or TIF files.
Tips For Preparing Your Photos
- Remove photos from albums and frames (to avoid special handling charges).
- Group your photos by year, event or date ranges (if you like), and we will place them in separate folders (minimums apply).
- If you prefer to just bring in a box of photo, that's fine too. Grouping your photos by size can help protect them from folded corners.
- Sticky photos? Place a piece of paper on the back to cover the sticky residue. This will protect your other photos from getting sticky when you stack them. This is a very important step if your photos are sticky.
- Avoid using paper clips which can scratch the photo's surface.
- Rubberband each group together or use large envelopes.
- We can also scan the back of photos to preserve handwriting. Simply put a sticky note on the BACK marked "Scan Back". (Never use a Sharpie to write on photos or notes, because the ink can come off on the face of your other photos.)