Slides Scanned and Converted to Image Files
MVP will scan each of your slides and create a digital file that you can email, print, or post online.
"I have been most pleased with this company in their helpfulness, timeliness, professionalism, and quality of their work. These were priceless family memories from the 1950's-1960's. I still have more items to convert, and look forward to using Movietyme Video Productions again."
- Jeanine & Jim I. (Online review)
What makes MVP different is in the details.
- All work is done here in our office. Your slides are NOT shipped to another company or another state.
- Physical Cleaning: Dust is the enemy of slides. Even the smallest particle of dust can look large when scanned at a high resolution. We gently wipe each slide, then blow both sides with compressed air to clean off debris. Though removing all dust is impossible, this physical cleaning allows your images to look their best.
- Scanning: Each slide will be scanned at 2400 dpi and saved as an image file.
- TIF Files: We scan and work with your images as TIF files to ensure maximum quality. TIF files are uncompressed files and are very large, but this provides a better quality final image.
- Rotation: We will rotate each image to its proper orientation and flip it (left or right) to the correct side (when possible).
- Cropping: Each image will be cropped to the edges.
- Color Correction: Each image will be color corrected to bring out the lost colors. We do this MANUALLY with EACH SLIDE. This is not an automated process.
- Digital Cleaning: We also do some light touch-up work in Photoshop.
- Images: Each digital image will be saved to a file. You can choose to have your finished images as JPG or TIF files.